tinderbox information.

Alan Coopersmith release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Tue Mar 9 19:51:55 PST 2004

Jim Gettys wrote:
> The cycle time will then be several hours, however, since
> the monolithic stuff takes so long to build.

Are we changing fast enough that a several hour cycle is a problem?
(And "make World" on the entire monolithic tree currently takes only
  19 minutes on our shiny new dual 2Ghz Opteron system - a far sight
  from the first time I built X on a Sparc 2 and it took over 24 hours.
  Just need to get a few more of those boxes in here so we can stop
  fighting over access to it.)

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-          alan.coopersmith@sun.com
	 Sun Microsystems, Inc. -- Operating Platforms Group