tinderbox information.

Jim Gettys release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Tue Mar 9 20:21:32 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 14:51, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Jim Gettys wrote:
> > The cycle time will then be several hours, however, since
> > the monolithic stuff takes so long to build.
>
> Are we changing fast enough that a several hour cycle is a problem?
> (And "make World" on the entire monolithic tree currently takes only
>   19 minutes on our shiny new dual 2Ghz Opteron system - a far sight
>   from the first time I built X on a Sparc 2 and it took over 24 hours.
>   Just need to get a few more of those boxes in here so we can stop
>   fighting over access to it.)

Hmmm... Alan, what is your host.def file?  Right now, I do a virgin
make World, which rebuilds all the fonts, etc.  This is probably
not worth doing...  'Cause fast as your opteron is, it isn't
*that* much faster than the dual Xeon 2.8 ghz machine that
is freedesktop.org.
                        - Jim

--
Jim Gettys <Jim.Gettys@hp.com>