Depending on external libraries

Keith Packard release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Thu Mar 11 18:55:57 PST 2004

--==_Exmh_1510146661P

Around 19 o'clock on Mar 11, Egbert Eich wrote:

> I guess I don't want to see the dependencies be hidden inside a tool.

Yes, precisely.  One of the changes made to jhbuild in the last few months
was to fetch the dependency graph from the project directly rather than
including it in jhbuild itself.  That means we would directly publish the
graph and be able to update it as needed.

> It's fine if it makes things easy for people. But the goal shouldn't be to
> require a tool it should be to make dependencies simple.

Ok, I'm all for keeping things as simple as possible.  Maintaining the
dependency information in jhbuild will easier that way too.

-keith

--==_Exmh_1510146661P

--==_Exmh_1510146661P--