CVS Update: xc (branch: XORG-RELEASE-1-TM)

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Mar 18 11:02:21 PST 2004

Around 12 o'clock on Mar 18, Egbert Eich wrote:

> s/conf/cfg/ for 8+3 platforms.

Hmm.  A valid point, but I submit that there really aren't any more 8+3
platforms anymore; and even so, xorg.con isn't too bad.  I just hate being
constrained by DOS in the 21st century.

> XML great, too. We can retain the same format but
> replace

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't transmit well in email.  I was jokingly attempting
to start a mock flame war.  We won't want to switch to XML without a long
lead time and significant warning for external tool developers.

-keith