Trademarks

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kaleb at keithley.org
Thu Mar 18 16:30:45 PST 2004

Egbert Eich wrote:

> Keith Packard writes:
>  >
>  > Around 16 o'clock on Mar 18, Egbert Eich wrote:
>  >
>  > > Are we sure we need to change CVS tags? They only suggest that these files
>  > > where at one time in the XFree86 CVS.
>  >
>  > They suggest that the file in question came from XFree86.  I'd sure like
>  > to keep them around; perhaps what we need is a note above them indicating
>  > what they mean, turning the 'this is XFree86' into a 'this part came from
>  > XFree86'.
>  >

> Hmmm. I started to delete them. Well, no problem, as long as I have
> a diff I can readd them.
> However they are currently broken. The version of cvs that's working
> cannot handle them (/usr/local/bin). The one that can handle them
> is altogether broken (/usr/bin) :-((
> I'd appreciate if somebody would take a look at that.

I think this is going a bit overboard.

For some files they definitely need to be kept to prove that we have
the-last-version-before-the-new-license.

They're less important for other files, but if you're going to remove or
alter them then you're going to end up touching just about every file in
the tree.

--

Kaleb