Where do we plan to put release bits?

Howard Greenwell h.greenwell at opengroup.org
Tue Mar 23 13:13:06 PST 2004

At 10:40 23/03/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Actually, this begs a series of questions:
>
>1) where are we putting release bits?

I would have though we put these on ftp.x.org. This is where we have the
X11R6.6 release, and the site is mirrored by a number of others.
Could also do an http page if thought desirable, but did not seem to need
it for previous X.Org releases.

>2) what mailing list for bug reports?

I'm assuming therefore that we do not want bugs entered directly into the
bugzilla until there has been some form of

>3) what mailing list for user help?

The is already an "xorg_info" list that we could make public and encourage
people to join. Already available on the x.org site, but only sends to a
few members of the old X.Org at this time.

>4) where is the FAQ?

Thought this is to be in the wiki?

Howard.