X11R6.9/X11R7 release wranglers call 4 Nov 2005

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Thu Nov 3 12:52:40 PST 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 09:30:50PM +0100, Egbert Eich wrote:
> I feel that these calls are not helping to unite this community
> as it is effectively limiting participation to those enjoying
> the anemnities of corporate support or those who are living in
> North America.
> We have done away with the majority of the calls and should not
> I do know that there is always the argument that calls help to
> resolve problems quickly. This however immediately begs the question
> how other open source projects get by without them.

One other thing we could do is investigate other providers, however:
IIRC, HP use Sprint, who have a worldwide service where you can call in
toll-free from whereever you happen to be (even weird countries like
Australia).  However, the demise of CRL appears to have unfortunately
closed this avenue to us.