[Roadster] Importing Tiger issue

Arne Götje ( 高盛華 ) arne at linux.org.tw
Thu Jul 28 13:01:27 EST 2005

Hi list,

I tried to import the California Tiger data (2004) and noticed, that the
import tool does not do a very good job. A lot of road names are
missing and therefore cannot be found by the search function.

I'd like to help to improve the import function. Is anyone else already
working on that?

Also I'd like to discuss some (IMHO necessary) changes to the database
layout and the search function. But for this I need to get an overview
of the intentions of the original author(s), what (s)he/they had in
mind when (s)he/they implemented the current function.

Can someone fill me in?
Who is/are the original author(s) of the import and search function and
how is the function intended to work?

Cheers
Arne
--