[SCIM] scim-panel-kde patch worked

Cougar liuspider at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 02:39:06 EST 2004

Hi,
--- Klaus Weidenbach <Klaus.Weidenbach at gmx.net> wrote:
> I opened kwrite and then just tried to type my name
> "klaus" with Smart Pinyin
> method. I write it with SPACE to the document, but
> then there is an empty
> grey box left that I saw when I typed before, but
> now this box seems to make
> problems. I can type more and the box grows, but
> just blank, so I see nothing
> in it. Maybe it is just because I am not writing
> chinese, or is it a bug?
>
> Okay, just also have this growing blank box when I
> type "i" and more. When
> RETURN or SPACE it writes the english letters. Maybe
> a bug then, or the right
> way of handling wrong typed chinese?

Yes, this a bug in scim-panel-kde, thanks for
reporting it. It has been fixed in CVS.

But if you know pinyin and Chinese, you should not try
to type something begin with "i" or "v" or "u", so
your Chinese students should not encounter any
problems.

On the other hand your name is special in the way that
after you press the space bar, "us" is still left in
the preedit area. With the bug above fixed, now you
should say what you typed in that grey box. However no
Chinese word begins with "u", so you should not expect
any Chinese character candidates displayed under the
grey box ;)

> Maybe an option to close the scim-panel-kde would be
> nice also :o)
This option is indeed available already if you enabled
debug when you compile the package (--enable-debug). I
do not think it makes sence for an end user to have
such ability. What's your opinion?

Regards,
Cougar