[SCIM] Autostart of scim-panel-gtk when startx?

Ming Hua minghua at rice.edu
Fri Apr 30 08:57:40 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

I just installed SCIM 0.9.6 on my Debian unstable yesterday, now I
noticed that scim-panel-gtk is automatically started when I go into X
Window.  I didn't observe such behaviour before.  May I ask how is this
achieved and is there anyway to stop it?  I also noticed that I can't
kill scim-panel-gtk now (new processes will be automatically spawned),
but I think it's related.

I don't really oppose such a thing, I was just curious, and wondering
why the same thing can't be done to scim so that I don't need to
manually start scim each time.

Thanks,
Ming
2004.04.29