[SCIM] how about built-in dead key support?

LiuCougar liucougar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 08:34:23 PDT 2004

Hi,

What do you think if we incorporate the "dead key support" into scim-lib?

I mean we can write another simple table-based IMEngine for scim, and
ship it with scim-lib. Another alternative way is to use the generic
talbe IMEngine and supply the "dead key" tables with scim-lib. ( I
prefer the later one)

Because I think, this kind of thing should be supported by scim-lib
itself: scim-lib can have many frontends, not all of them have
built-in support for dead keys (now qt-immodule does not have,
although we can add this feature in near future), and in the future,
say something like a console based frontend, why should we add this
dead key support to this console frontend again?

So I think it makes sense to build this feature into scim-lib itself.

What's your opinion?

Regards,
Cougar
- Old Chinese adage