[SCIM] how about built-in dead key support?

David Oftedal david at start.no
Mon Jul 19 14:05:59 PDT 2004

> So I think it makes sense to build this feature into scim-lib itself.
>
> What's your opinion?

I agree. And by the wah Nicolas, your problem with Spanish accents would
probably be solved by this measure.

I think SCIM should actually aim to have better support for dead keys
than Gnome and KDE. As it is, inputting things like Pinyin or other
alphabets that make special use of accents requires more than just the
use of dead keys, and it would absolutely be possible for SCIM to
address this.

-David