[SCIM] Questions about Korean input.. and scim-uim

Kitae neeum at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 31 02:21:59 PDT 2004

Hi

Thanks for making good program.

I am Korean linux user. I hope you can understand my poor English..
I just now test scim with my gentoo linux box.

scim version is 0.99.4
scim-m17n 0.1.1
scim-tables 0.35

scim-uim 0.1.1

First Question is
There are more than three Korean input mathods.
One is 2bulshick
Two is 3bulshick 390
There is 3bulshick last

I am 3bulshick 390 user
scim tables has only one tables
so I couldn't check all

I don't kown about programing. but i think
may I can edit Koran keytables so can use 3bulshick 390.

I try to edited exist Korean keytables.
After edit a little  /ko/Hangul.txt,
make failed..
terry at toys ko $ make
/usr/bin/scim-make-table Hangul.txt -b -o Hangul.bin
table file load failed!

There is some rule about tables?
What more need for editing or making New tables?

and Second Question
I try scim-uim with uim-0.4.1
Like scim-uim, scim can use other gtk input-mathod? or input-plugin?
If can, Korean has good gtk input-mathod as imhangul.
I hope to use scim with imhangul..

I think may try learning programming.. :-)

thanks for reading..

Kitae

After testing.
--