[SCIM] compile warning message

Ming Hua minghua at rice.edu
Sat May 8 13:20:08 PDT 2004

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 02:48:25PM +0800, cantona wrote:
> What is this?? I saw many lines about this when I compile....
>
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for
> shared library libscim-0.9 (soname 0, path /usr/lib/libscim-0.9.so.0,
> dependency field Depends)
>
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for
> shared library libscim-gtkutils-0.9 (soname 0,
> path /usr/lib/libscim-gtkutils-0.9.so.0, dependency field Depends)

This is Debian specific warning message, it means there is no
information for these shared libraries about which package they came
from.  The correct way to do this is to package libscim-0.9.so.0 and
libscim-gtkutils-0.9.so.0 into a separate package, and register these
two libraries to dpkg.  I am planning to do this in the future (I think
it's a must for scim to go into debian official), but don't have the
time yet.

Any comments or patches are welcome, of course. :-)

Regards,
Ming
2004.05.08