[SCIM] Issues of multi user server

yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp
Sat May 22 06:56:03 PDT 2004

Hi James,

I saw your consideration about multi user server,
so I want to tell my opinion as a developer of uim
(http://uim freedesktop.org) and want to share our
knowledge and difficulties of Chinese and Japanese
input methods.

I once wrote this issue here.
http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/uim/2003-December/000013.html

Though I do not like multi user server, If multi user server
is better for most of non Japanese (or Chinese) input methods,
I have to concede them and change or discard my software.
How do you think about it?

I hope we will realize input method system which
(1)can handle both Chinese and Japanese efficiently and
(2)do not incur overhead on other language environment.

Thanks,