[SCIM] SCIM on kde does not work with firefox

Rachel Kronick rachel_kronick at jiawen.net
Sat Nov 13 23:43:22 PST 2004

Well, I guess I'd like to avoid having to recompile them. They're
working pretty well together now, but it's not a very simple solution;
I'd consider recompiling to be even less simple. In addition, it seems
like SCIM is conflicting with other apps, too (Thunderbird, I think, is
one), so having to recompile each time may just be too much trouble.

Where would I put those settings? In the startup scripts for the
conflicting apps? If so, this is again not a very simple solution. I
would consider it about the same as the present solution in terms of
simplicity.

Thanks for all your great work on SCIM, though! It's my favorite Chinese
input program for Linux by far.

-- Rachel Kronick