[SCIM] Some problem of Simplex input method in SCIM

Roy Chan voidoo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 06:37:17 PST 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:46:24 +0800, Zhe Su <james.su at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   Ok, thank you. Then how about the CantonHK table? Should I bundle it too?

Dear James,

CantonHK is Hong Kong style Cantonese pingyin table converted from an
xcin table downloaded from http://www.hkseniors.net/input/canton/
While most hong kong people don't really use the pingyin system of
jyutping/cantonese in SCIM, CantonHK is more suitable for Hong Kong
people to use. I haven't really test it yet. May be I contact you when it
is ready.

> Can you tell me what's different between CangJie3 and CangJie5?

Oops, just double check and found the old simplex table also based
on CJ3. You can consider to replace it with my table.

Mr. Zhu, author of CangJie, change some add some radical to
CangJie 5 to make it can handle both traditional and simplified
chinese. This make some chinese chars have different input code
between CJ5 and CJ3. CJ5 have released nearly 20 years.
However, most traditional chinese OS including Windoze
continue bundle CJ3 only. Therefore, most CJ/Simplex user are
familiar with CJ3 more.

http://input.foruto.com/cccl/cccl_article012.htm

--
Roy Chan (http://xychen.org/)