[SCIM] Question about scim smart pinyin

L Q lqi72 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 22:06:44 PST 2004

Hi!
    I am a newbie of scim. Just installed it on my fedora two hours
ago. great sofeware, but still I got some basic questions here:
Why I can only input chinese in kedit but not in gedit? In gedit the
ctrl-space does not work, and even if I turn on chinese input before
opening gedit, still it always input as english.
A more serious problem is, in kedit, some chinese doesn't get
displayed correctly, for example, when I type "wo men" to get "We",
The word "wo" displayed correctly, but "men" is just a dot. I found
some other characters also didn't get displayed correctly, like:
"yeye"(grandpa), "dong"(east) etc.
    Any help is welcome, Thank you!