[SCIM] Debian package preparation

Osamu Aoki osamu at debian.org
Wed Oct 20 15:23:59 PDT 2004

Hi Thanks for response.  Multiple invocation of SCIM for the same user
is rare case but it is nice to be fixed.

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 11:54:55AM +0800, Zhe Su wrote:

About your comment:
>   5. What is Kterm?

on my comment:
> > 5. Kterm
> > Above was good for GTK apps but for normal X applications, SKK was only
> > usable.  When ever I switch to UIM-anthy, Kterm (ja_JP.EUC-JP) frozen.
> >
> > Is there known Kterm issues?

Kterm is one of the localized Xterm program and deals Japanese needs.
It is short for "Kanji Terminal".

When I introduced SCIM and before disabling some services through its
configuration, accessing kterm console through SCIM by swiching from
default SKK to UIM-ANTHY froze kterm process.  Since then, it works
flawlessly.  I suspect it is related some SCIM setting but I have not
nailed down exact failure point.  So this is now unreproducible.

(It reproduced few times before but not last few days.)

So case is closed until it resurfaces :-)

Thanks,

Osamu

        Osamu Aoki <osamu at debian.org>  Brussels Belgium, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://qref.sf.net and http://people.debian.org/~osamu
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract