[SCIM] Just my thought... about SCIM

Kenichi Handa handa at m17n.org
Tue Sep 14 23:26:16 UTC 2004

In article <1095202333.31499.54.camel at toy.linuxfriend.org>, Kitae <neeum at yahoo.com> writes:
> Yesterday, after some language support add to SCIM supported Language
> list,
> I found there is no European language, German, French and others.

With scim-m17n, you should be able to have these general
input methods for Latin script: latin-post, rfc1345

It also supports input methods for these European languages:
ru-yawerty (Russian), sk-kbd (Slovak), sr-kdb (Serbian),
hr-kdb (Croatian).

> I am not sure they are need, but I think may somebody, using French,
> want to use German and English or others in same platform. I don't know
> European Linux or BSD users how to use when they need other European. so
> all thing is just my guess.

> European and English are different from CJK and other Asia's, but I
> think, they also need input method platform for that can be change
> easily.
> (and may more easy making their IM than CJK's)

> So, how about add each European language?

Isn't a generic Latin input method not enough?

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
handa at m17n.org