[SCIM] SCIM & OpenOffice

Kitae neeum at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 12:41:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 12:43 +0800, zunix wrote:
> I'm the person sufferng such problem. Everytime I need to input
> Chinese with OO,  I have to do cut and paste from other editor. I am
> curious on the problem whether it exist in Chinese, so I tried
> Japanese and Korean, also tried Simplex and CJ input too. The problem
> is the same.

Using Korean in openoffice , I don't have that problem(scim-hangul).

> Exactly, the problem is you cannot insert the right word (sometime
> missing) between a paragraphy of CJK sentence. Even you success, the
> position of the mouse cursor would jump to 2 more word or next
> paragraphy. If you use the keyboard to move the cursor, the input
> position would not follow the cursor. If you use mouse point to
> relocate the cursor position, it definitely the first input word must
> disppear.
>
> Any ideal of such problem?

I think "cut and paste from other editor, using mouse drag or control +
c , control + v"  can work without SCIM. Doesn't that happen when
doesn't use SCIM?
In my case,  "copy and paste" work correctly with or without SCIM, in my
ximinian-openoffice.

Thanks,
Kitae.