[SCIM] skim and Fedora Core 2

Roland Wolters wolters.liste at gmx.net
Tue Sep 21 21:16:45 UTC 2004

Once upon a time LiuCougar wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:14:07 +0200, Jan Hefti <j.hefti at hamburg.de> wrote:

> > >PS: The rpm can be found at
> > >http://www.personal.uni-jena.de/~p1woro/rpms/skim-1.0.0-1.i386.rpm
> > >It is signed with my gpg key 0x9ec54794a0091bf2 (I use this key only
> > > together with my private Mail or to sign the two or three packages I
> > > make). If you want I can construct an unsigned package.
> >
> > Great! Thanks a lot for your work!
> >
> > Cougar, I think it would be good if we could include the rpm in our
> > Fedora Core 2 Build downloads section, don't you?
>
> Thanks for your work. I think so too.
>
> I just wonder whether an unsigned rpm is better than a signed one?
> what's your opinion?

Well, an unsigned is better when you do not want to link my key at your
homepage - my key is not signed by many people or a larger Trust Center at
the moment.
And I am not sure what to do when you want to use your own key - I think there
is a possibility to resign, isn't it?

A signed package helps to prevent manipulation of the packages.

> BTW: did you use the attached spec file? Did you modify it in some way?

I had to take the last posted version from Jan and removed the lines

#we do not need this file
rm $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_datadir}/doc/HTML/en/skim/kdex.dtd

Roland