[SCIM] skim and Fedora Core 2

Roland Wolters wolters.liste at gmx.net
Wed Sep 22 00:42:32 UTC 2004

Once upon a time Roland Wolters wrote:
> Once upon a time Jan Hefti wrote:
> > Roland Wolters wrote:
> > >I played around with qtconfig and replaced the line in .bashrc - but
> > > nothing worked, I still have a very bad font:
> > >http://www.personal.uni-jena.de/~p1woro/screenshots/20040921-kwrite-skim
> > >-s creenshot.png (112 kb !)

I played a little bit around with differen locales and tried several of them:

LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8" XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM" kwrite
LC_CTYPE="ja_JP.UTF-8" XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM" kwrite
LC_CTYPE="ko_KR.UTF-8" XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM" kwrite

Everytime I got another font in the menus of kwrite:
- with zh_ZN there was no "umlaut" but the ü, i was not able to input any
"umlaut"; the font were fixed and very small
- with ja_JP all "umlaut"s had been substituted by small black boxes in the
middle, i was able to input all "umlaut"s; the font were quite normal (not
fixed, normal high, not very well rendered)
- with ko_KR all"umalut"s are substituted with blank except the ß - its not
substituted and I am able to input it; the font is quite normal, but
different from the font which comes with with ja_JP

To have a better understanding, I had amde a screeshot of the different
started kwrites. I hope you have an idea how that can comes up.
http://www.personal.uni-jena.de/~p1woro/screenshots/20040922-kwrite-skim-screenshot.jpg

And I do not think that it does not depend on the problem talked about at
http://www.suse.de/~mfabian/suse-cjk/kde-font-setup.html
There they talk about problems with the fonts in the input-field of kedit - my
problem are the menu-Structure.

Roland