[Spice-devel] [Qemu-devel] Re: paravirtual mouse/tablet

Anthony Liguori anthony at codemonkey.ws
Thu Jan 13 12:41:22 PST 2011

On 01/13/2011 11:08 AM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> On 01/13/11 16:55, Anthony Liguori wrote:

>>> You have two qxl devices, each linked to a spice display channel. The
>>> spice client will open one window for each channel. The mouse position
>>> is a triple consisting of (x, y, window/channel).
>>>

>> Would be slightly cleaner to have multiple devices.
>
> Yea, right, that would work too.  If we have some way to assign a
> display to a pvmouse device this works equally well.

I think that has to be outside of the device.  There are so many ways to
map mice to multi heads.  In fact, one mouse could easily map to a
single device.  It's almost something that really should be part of the
guest configuration.

>> That maybe implies that we need an offscreen coordinate for the
>> mouse so that you can hide the mouse when it leaves one window.
>
> Hmm?  I fail to see why multihead is special here.

If you show two mice in the guest, would X render two cursors?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori