[Spice-devel] [Qemu-devel] Re: paravirtual mouse/tablet

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Fri Jan 14 00:49:40 PST 2011

   Hi,

> I think that has to be outside of the device. There are so many ways to
> map mice to multi heads. In fact, one mouse could easily map to a single
> device. It's almost something that really should be part of the guest
> configuration.

Ok, reasonable.  Multihead with spice pretty much requires a guest agent
anyway, so I'm sure we'll can figure a way to handle this.

>>> That maybe implies that we need an offscreen coordinate for the
>>> mouse so that you can hide the mouse when it leaves one window.
>>
>> Hmm? I fail to see why multihead is special here.
>
> If you show two mice in the guest, would X render two cursors?

With two mice you still have just one cursor.  Just plug a usb mouse
into your laptop, you can move the single pointer with both usb mouse
and touchpad then.  Didn't try what happens with two tablets, but I
expect it wouldn't be different ...

cheers,
   Gerd