[Spice-devel] repository reorg

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Wed Jun 22 09:11:27 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 05:00:10PM +0200, Alon Levy wrote:
>  Suggested changes:
>   spice - merge spice-protocol into it
>   spice-protocol - kill it
>   common - extract to a separate library, it's own configure, pkg-config, name it spice-render,
>    and have spice-gtk and spice (server and old client) rely on it.

I assume this "libspice" will contain spice/common + spice-protocol? Or do
you envision the protocol bits to go elsewhere?

I like this idea more than merging keeping the current moduleset and
merging spice-gtk in spice, but I was under the impression that turning
common/ into a library was difficult, which is why we chose to merge
spice-gtk in spice instead. If it's not that hard, I'mm all for it!