[Spice-devel] Various problems with "-vga qxl"

Peter Daum gator_ml at yahoo.de
Mon May 23 10:40:17 PDT 2011

Hi,

--- Alon Levy <alevy at redhat.com> schrieb am Mo, 23.5.2011:

>> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 12:33:12PM +0100, Peter Daum wrote:
>> > Windows is perfectly happy with the driver. It shows a
>> "Red Hat QXL GPU" in PCI slot 2 with driver version 1.4.1.0.
>> Unfortunately, it seems to think that the only resolution
>> supported by this device is 640x480/16.
>
> What service pack do you have? I'm using winxp SP3. I seem
> to recall something like what you are describing, but not
> with SP3.

... that was the right trail: I was using Windows XP SP1 (the only Windows I have readily available). After I upgraded the Windows guest to SP3, it works fine with the QXL driver. Thanks a Lot!

(There is still one little thing from the user documentation that is not working - the vdservice agent won't start - also without any indication what is wrong - is this something I should worry about?)

Regards,
                   Peter