[Spice-devel] problems with cut n paste - WinXP VM specificall

Arnon Gilboa agilboa at redhat.com
Wed Oct 5 09:25:27 PDT 2011

Mike Hinz wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-10-02 at 14:03 -0500, Mike Hinz wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2011-10-02 at 11:01 +0200, Arnon Gilboa wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Mike,
>>> Can you please:
>>> 1. net stop vdservice
>>> 2. delete vdservice.log & vdagent.log from %windir%\temp
>>> 3. net start vdservice
>>> 4. copy a text in the guest, paste in host & vice versa
>>> 5. send us the logs
>>> Thanks,
>>> Arnon
>>>
>> Arnon, Alon,
>>
>> I've done the tests as you requested.
>>
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
>> Hopefully the above is helpful to you.  Please don't hesitate to ask for
>> more info as you need.
>>

>> Thanks in advance for all your help!
>>
>> Mike
>>

> I was just curious if you gents had made any progress with respect to
> what might be happening with cut n' paste from the WinXP VM?  Was the
> information that I had sent previously helpful?  Do you need more info
> on the systems I'm using?
>
> Please let me know and I'll be happy to supply.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mike.

Hi Mike,

Looking at your vdagent.log, it seems like it does not receive agent
messages sent by the client, such as VD_AGENT_ANNOUNCE_CAPABILITIES,
defining whether c&p is supported by the client. The default (if not
receiving the message or the c&p bit is off) is disabling c&p.

Please send me also the client log ~/.spicec/spicec.log.

Before the following, remove the "-usb -device usb-tablet,id=input0"
from qemu line and run it again with the xp guest. There is no need for
it when using the agent.

Now:
Is the mouse responsive inside the spice window?
Is the desktop cursor effective when you just move the cursor over the
window ("client mode"),
or you need to click inside the window in order to use it (so the cursor
is *captured* within it until released, "server mode")?
When you stop the service, does it change the behavior of the mouse
(client/server mode)?

It will be nice if you join #spice at irc.gimp.net/6667, so we can debug
it together faster.
I'll send you tomorrow a private debug build if needed.

Regards,
Arnon