[Spice-devel] Spice Testing

Mizon Tsai twkid at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 23 09:27:47 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I am hoping to get an idea of the current state of Tests in Spice, so that I can gauge on an area where I can help for tests. The questions I have is :

- I see that most of tests are basic event checks (server/tests), and that there is not any performance/benchmarking based test for Spice. Correct?
- Is there someone who is currently working on the items listed here? http://www.spice-space.org/page/SpiceAutomatedTesting If so, would like to get in touch and get the latest state. Just so no duplication of efforts..

Would like to come up with tools/framework that measures performance benchmark and perform certain basic desktop activity. With the framework in place to measure the resource usage (CPU, mem) against another sharing protocol (such as RDP, VNC...)

- Has there been any previous design/discussion on how to best approach this? (if so, would like to know..)

Appreciate any response :)

Mizon