[Spice-devel] Spice Testing

Swapna skrishna at redhat.com
Sun Oct 23 18:15:49 PDT 2011

Hi,

Spice Testing is currently performed by the Spice QE team and they are
at present manual. They are in the process of automating their tests.

On 10/23/2011 12:27 PM, Mizon Tsai wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am hoping to get an idea of the current state of Tests in Spice, so
> that I can gauge on an area where I can help for tests. The questions
> I have is :
>
> - I see that most of tests are basic event checks (server/tests), and
> that there is not any performance/benchmarking based test for Spice.
> Correct?
I'm working on a performance measurement framework to measure CPU &
Network usage specifically.
> - Is there someone who is currently working on the items listed here?
> http://www.spice-space.org/page/SpiceAutomatedTesting If so, would
> like to get in touch and get the latest state. Just so no duplication
> of efforts..
I'm working on some of the items listed here.

> Would like to come up with tools/framework that measures performance
> benchmark and perform certain basic desktop activity. With the
> framework in place to measure the resource usage (CPU, mem) against
> another sharing protocol (such as RDP, VNC...)
This is exactly what I'm working on. I'm not currently measuring against
other protocols.