[Spice-devel] configure: error: Package requirements (libcacard >= 0.1.2) were not met:

Qian Hu qianhu2011 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 03:32:09 PDT 2012

Hi, everyone!

I am working on the spice with xen-4.2.0. My host OS is Fedora 14. While
installing spice server(spice-0.12.0.tar.bz2), there is a confusing error

as below message shows.

I spent a few days  in the configure process and I am sure the libcacard
has been installed, because I can install it by "yum install libcacard" or

manually compile the source file libcacard-0.1.2.tar.bz2.

I know the question was proposed before but no answer was given.

I am exhausted and I don't know how to resolve it.

Thanks!

# ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib
.......(other compile messages)

checking for SMARTCARD... no
configure: error: Package requirements (libcacard >= 0.1.2) were not met:

No package 'libcacard' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables SMARTCARD_CFLAGS
and SMARTCARD_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
configure: error: ./configure failed for spice-common