[Spice-devel] configure: error: Package requirements (libcacard >= 0.1.2) were not met:

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 04:28:27 PDT 2012

> Hi, everyone!
>

> I am working on the spice with xen-4.2.0. My host OS is Fedora 14.
> While installing spice server(spice-0.12.0.tar.bz2), there is a
> confusing error
>

> as below message shows.
>

> I spent a few days in the configure process and I am sure the
> libcacard has been installed, because I can install it by "yum
> install libcacard" or

You are missing the package config file, libcacard.pc, provided by libcacard-devel:

yum provides */libcacard.pc

Additionally, if you want to build from source, you need to enable pkg-config to find your libcacard.pc file, so if you installed in a non standard location, like /usr/local, then you would need to export an environment variable before running configure:
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/local/share/pkgconfig