[Spice-devel] Status of USB redirection

Alexander Todorov atodorov at redhat.com
Mon Jun 3 03:43:16 PDT 2013

Hi guys,
I'm interested in USB redirection support in SPICE. Can you answer the following
questions me or point me to the docs where they are answered:

* What is the current status ? Website says in progress. What exactly does and
doesn't work?

* Doesn USB 2.0/3.0 work?

* How do I setup redirection (or I need just the spice connection) ?

* Can SPICE and the USB redir code work on bare-metal or non KVM virtual
machines ? In particular I'd like to be able to run a desktop in the cloud (AWS
uses Xen) and connect to it via SPICE with local USB devices redirected. Is this
possible?

Thanks,
Alex