[Spice-devel] Questions regarding Bug 62033 - Means to detect local-only

Fedor Lyakhov fedor.lyakhov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 23:39:45 PDT 2013

Hi,

OK, so first implementation will work via --spice-disable-effects option.
As far as I understand, this user-provided option flags should already be
available at the agent, need to handle appropriate message as in Windows
vdagent, correct?

Anyway, I still don't understand how we can control these effects on Linux
desktops correctly - supporting only Gnome and not providing any means for
other DEs to catch up seems to be bad design (I'm using KDE, for example;
and even supporting both Gnome&KDE isn't solving this as there are a few
more, fairly popular - Unity, XFce...). Also how interaction with this
Gnome settings should be implemented? If via function call from some shared
API, this adds on vdagent dependency (probably undesired by any other DE
users) - so usage of dload() is expected?

--
Best regards,
Fedor