[Spice-devel] Puzzling behavior with f19 tests

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Tue May 7 16:00:39 PDT 2013

I've been testing Fedora 19 in prep for our test days, and I find that I
was able to get a fairly nasty behavior.  That is, I would not get
multiple displays, and I'd have a hang at X server termination which
prevents shutdown.

I've tracked one piece down to a spurious setting of
ram->monitors_config to be a value of 0x1000000000000000.

If I instrument map_memory_helper in qxl_driver.c, I find that
monitors_config is indeed set to that value at PCI memory mapping.  If I
set it to 0 by hand, then I get multiple displays working properly.

But I still hang up badly when trying to shut down.

I'm just wondering if this rings a bell with anyone, and if there are
obvious paths I should explore to better figure this out.

Any thoughts appreciated.  I'll dig in more tomorrow, if I get the time.

Cheers,

Jeremy

p.s.  The config is a Debian host, with relatively modern qemu (4.5),
spice, and virt-viewer.  The guest is f19, both unmodified, and with a
tip build of xf86-video-qxl.