[Spice-devel] Broken xf86-video-qxl commit

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Tue May 21 11:54:28 PDT 2013

> I'll add a libdrm version check tomorrow to the configure.ac.

Thanks.

> The main reason I pushed it was a certain person was pushing to get
> dfps into Fedora, and since we had the KMS patch in there already
> rebasing it was getting to be a pain, so I just realigned things, but
> yeah I'll try not do it again.

Thanks, and I know how annoying that dfps guy can be <grin>.

> Though the KMS driver still needs more work, I need to find some way
> to notice we are running a 3D compositor and to stop any remoting for
> the non-primary surface, otherwise it does still send a lot of
> pointless stuff to the remote, and also does a fair bit of stalling in
> the guest on update areas to do readback, when we should have just
> rendered stuff with pixman in the guest.

Yah; I've been swamped with some other stuff lately.  I was hoping to
try to get my arms around the KMS driver and kibitz at some point in the
hopefully-not-too-distant-future.  (I felt, for a brief period, that I
understood the whole of the qxl driver, and your kms patches pushed me
rather unceremoniously out of that fantasy world).

Cheers,

Jeremy