[Spice-devel] Spice Downloads

Cody Chan int64ago at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 02:45:38 PST 2014

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 6:23 PM, Uri Lublin <uril at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 03/04/2014 11:04 AM, Cody Chan wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I met this problem, and I solved by using ie instead of chrome
>> Maybe your situation is different, may help you
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 4:16 AM, Joe Butler <joebutler_12 at hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello, the spice download section does not seem to link to a download
>>> page,
>>> it just downloads a download.htm file.
>>>
>>> Can this be fixed so I can download the client?
>

> Accessing the download page works for me, on a WinXP VM with all of
> IE, FF, and Chrome.
>
> The download page is download.html (not download.htm).
>
> Please try going directly to this page
> http://www.pice-space.org/download.html

I think his/her problem is getting a download.html file, such as:

virt-viewer Windows installer - 32 bit - virt-viewer-x86.msi
virt-viewer Windows installer - 64 bit - virt-viewer-x64.msi

I watch the elements of this page in detail, here may be a problem,
you see the following is element of virt-viewer-x86.msi
<a type="application/octet-stream"
href="http://virt-manager.org/download/"
download="">virt-viewer-x86.msi</a>

but for chrome , it may not explain "application/octet-stream" correctly
see this for details:
http://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/21658/what-could-keep-chrome-from-downloading-files