[Spice-devel] [SPAM] Re: QUIC Image Decompression Method takes much time

Ritesh Prajapati ritesh.prajapati at slscorp.com
Mon Jan 11 20:46:58 PST 2016

Hi Pavel,

     I have upgraded spice protocol to *0.12.10 *and spice server to
*0.12.6 *which are latest and stable release into Ubuntu Host Machine on
which spice server is running. Then, I have checked with older spice gtk
version *0.22 *with QUIC Image Decompression Method on my A20 board
which does not impact any on speed perspective.

     Now, I am planning to apply patch for LZ4 image
compression/decompression support on my A20 board and will let you know
the result as soon as possible.

_*Questions:-

*_    Do I need to add option like image-compression=lz4 to enable LZ4
image compression/decompression method while running virtual
manager(kvm) at spice server side? What is default image
compression/decompression method in latest spice server 0.12.6 if we do
not add any image-compression option while running virtual manager(kvm)
on spice server side?

Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati,
System Level Solutions (India) Pvt.Ltd.