[Swfdec] advice needed about playing swf/avi/flv files in one application

Max Sagaydachny win.drivers at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 10:33:32 PST 2009

I'm toying with a project (using gtkmm) to play avi, flv and swf files.
gstreamermm seems to me good choice but libgstreamer lucks support of
swf ( maybe I missed something).

ffmpeg: it seems ffmpeg plugin tries to play some swfs, but refuses to
play compressed SFW files.
ffmpeg: I did not check to play uncompressed SFWs with ffmpeg plugin
because I want to support compressed SWFs anyway.

gst-plugins-bad 0.10.10 refers to swfdec-0.3.6 but compilation of it
disabled (maybe for some good reason).
why last version of swfdec is not supported in gstreamer plugins gstswfdec?
is there other way to plug in swfdec into gstreamer apart from gstswfdec
module?

I'm new to linux platform so maybe I don't see "almost evident" solution...

my choices now are either to embed 2 separate players for swf and video
files or hack into gstswfdec plugin to make it work with last swfdec
version.
my C/C++/hacking skills are very good.

my question is: what would you suggest to do in my situation?