[Swfdec] flv support?

Riccardo Magliocchetti riccardo.magliocchetti at gmail.com
Tue May 12 13:01:01 PDT 2009

Ravi Karmarkar ha scritto:
> Hi Riccardo,
>
> Thanks for your answer. It seems that the gstreamer-bad plugin has the
> necessary decoder for flv.
>
> The gstreamer-bad is a large collection of plugins and I would like to
> have flv support only. Could you give me some hint on what should be the
> configure options?

swfdec has built in a flv decoder, you are only missing the decoders for
the a/v contained inside them so what you may want to do is to recompile
only the needed subset of gstreamer plugins, which one depends on what
you need to be played. grep the source code for SWFDEC_AUDIO_CODEC and
SWFDEC_VIDEO_CODEC.

> Also, just installing the codec probably won't be enough and I need to
> hack into swfdec code so that the flv related functions are used. Can
> you tell me where do I need to make these changes?

try grepping flv inside swfdec/ :)

riccardo