[Swfdec] SWfdec and Directfb issue

Idriss Ghodhbane idriss.ghodhbane at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 00:27:00 PDT 2010

Hello Everybody,

I have been stuck for two weeks on running the swfdec-directfb-player on my
ST5202 with COCOREF_V2 configuration.(stlinux 2.3)
To clarify my critical situation, I have cross-compiled the Directfb 1.0.1
and the whole stack (libsoup, liboil.......) as mentioned in the wiki
"Cross-compiling
swfdec over DirectFB".
 Moreover, I have succeeded in cross-compiling the Swfdec0.8.4, without gtk
and ffmpeg, and the final step was the Swfdec-directfb-master which I got
from "http://cgit.freedesktop.org/swfdec/swfdec-directfb/commit/
", exactly the compressed file
"swfdec-directfb-master.tar.gz<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/swfdec/swfdec-directfb/snapshot/swfdec-directfb-master.tar.gz>"
because I wasn't able to get the git repository (my proxy issue).

When launching the  swfdec-directfb-player, only the shapes of the objects
in the animated swf-file are seen and the main graphics were hidden.
I mean that you can only notify the moving shapes  and a black background.
I have tested the swfdec-directfb-player with enabling the GTK, but when
launching it on the platform it crashes.

I will be very grateful if you help me resolve this issue.
Big thanks in advance.

IDRISS