[systemd-devel] Compiling in a sandbox

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Thu Jul 8 13:42:02 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 11:26:20PM +0300, Ozan Çağlayan wrote:
> On 08.07.2010 22:57, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > On Thu, 08.07.10 19:11, Ozan Çağlayan (ozan at pardus.org.tr) wrote:
>

> >> Note that this is built as root too.
> >
> > Don't build this as root, please.
> >
> > Lennart
> >

> But hey I know that it's not good, preferable, safe to build packages
> as root *but* that's what we are doing as a distribution since 5
> years.

Cool, how many machines did you brick when that kernel build bug that
would delete the / partition if you built it as root was present?  A
bunch of us were tempted to just leave it there to let people who were
doing this get what they deserved :)

> We know that we have to fix this

Then please do so.  Don't force individual packages to change based on
your build system requirements.

Or provide patches to do so.

thanks,

greg k-h