[systemd-devel] Compiling in a sandbox

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Thu Jul 8 13:51:49 PDT 2010

On 08.07.2010 23:42, Greg KH wrote:

> Cool, how many machines did you brick when that kernel build bug that
> would delete the / partition if you built it as root was present?  A
> bunch of us were tempted to just leave it there to let people who were
> doing this get what they deserved :)

None, as it seems that we did not hit that bug. Look I admit that doing things
on behalf of the root user is bad, is evil, is not recommended. But okay it is
under my responsibility, isn't it? (BTW that bug wouldn't cause me harm as we're
using a sandbox.)

All I want to know is that is it really something impossible to fix or is Lennart
not prefering to care of this because the outcome will only affect people building
systemd as root?

>> We know that we have to fix this
>
> Then please do so.  Don't force individual packages to change based on
> your build system requirements.
>
> Or provide patches to do so.

Hey you know that migrations are not always easy and fast processes. I care about migrating
to systemd, that's all. If I were capable to get the problem, of course I would try to provide
some patch, I'd be glad.

Regards,
Ozan Caglayan