[systemd-devel] Standard directory for shell scripts?

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri barbieri at profusion.mobi
Wed Sep 22 14:32:51 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Wulf C. Krueger <philantrop at exherbo.org> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is there a consensus among distributions about a standard directory for shell
> scripts to be used with systemd?
>
> I've seen /lib/systemd/system/scripts being suggested by someone but I don't
> think there were any responses to that.
>
> I'm asking because Exherbo is shipping a(n) (almost) native-only systemd
> implementation and, thus, we don't want to keep something like /etc/init.d.

YOU SHALL NOT USE SHELL SCRIPTS :-)

Yet, aside from the joke I'd put them in /lib/systemd/ or
/lib/systemd/scripts, not inside /lib/systemd/system. The rationale is
that the current systemd applications are kept at /lib/systemd itself.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems
MSN: barbieri at gmail.com