[systemd-devel] yum-updateonboot with Systemd

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jul 20 11:02:38 PDT 2011

On Wed, 20.07.11 18:49, Frank Murphy (frankly3d at gmail.com) wrote:

> I want yum-updateonboot to complete, before booting continues.
> Currently it is trying to login before completion.

In systemd we spawn services in parallel, and boot-up completes as soon
as all services (including yours) have been started. That means that by
definition the boot will finish only after your stuff was started.

Now, what you are asking for is that the login prompts are started only
after a specific one of your service has finsihed running?

If so, place "Before=systemd-user-sessions.service" in your unit file,
and make sure you use some type like Type=oneshot, Type=forking, or
Type=notify to ensure that systemd waits for a response from your service
before going on with the next services. See systemd.service(5) for more
information on the right Type= to choose.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.