[systemd-devel] Trying to build on a new LFS system.

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 01:56:51 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to build systemd on a shiny new LFS system. I roughly followed the
instructions here:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/index.html

Since this is a very minimal system, you have to add extra software:

gperf
libcap
attr
expat
libxml2
dbus

No PAM, no gtk, no tcpwrap, I even try to ignore sysV init scripts. If
this works a will add this as an alternative
to SysV init scripts. Or is SysV init a requirement?
Right now the output of configure is:

        systemd 29

        SysV compatibility:      yes
        SysV init scripts:       /etc/init.d
        SysV rc?.d directories:  /etc/rc.d
        Gtk:                     no
        libcryptsetup:           no
        tcpwrap:                 no
        PAM:                     no
        AUDIT:                   no
        SELinux:                 no
        binfmt:                  yes
        prefix:                  /usr/local
        root dir:
        udev rules dir:          /lib/udev/rules.d
        pam modules dir:         /lib/./security
        dbus policy dir:         /etc/dbus-1/system.d
        dbus session dir:        /usr/share/dbus-1/services
        dbus system dir:         /usr/share/dbus-1/services/../system-services
        dbus interfaces dir:     /usr/share/dbus-1/services/../interfaces

(prefix /usr/local has to be changed...)

Stef