[systemd-devel] Trying to build on a new LFS system.

Marius Tolzmann tolzmann at molgen.mpg.de
Mon Jun 20 10:52:42 PDT 2011

Hi there..

we are also using a self-maintained LFS based gnu/linux here.

we switched to systemd in Nov 2010 and it worked fine from the start..

since we started a new LFS we decided not to integrate any support for
sysv anymore by compiling systemd with

        --with-distro=other
        --with-sysvinit-path=""
        --with-sysvrcd-path=""
        --with-rootdir=""

from the first day..

it may be a good idea not to include any sysv initscripts anymore in LFS
to really get a clean system..

if you can't boot your LFS anymore you may just switch back to the
chrooted environment or try to fix things by providing init=/bin/bash

Be sure to get a recent enough DBUS and udev and activate all the needed
kernel options for cgroup support and autofs.. since LFS didn't provided
this back in Nov 2010 we had some minor trouble there..

but as i said: it just worked.. and we never ended booting up an
unusable system..

bye marius..

--
Dipl.-Inf. Marius Tolzmann <marius.tolzmann at molgen.mpg.de>