[systemd-devel] Trying to build on a new LFS system.

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 11:36:56 PDT 2011

2011/6/20 Marius Tolzmann <tolzmann at molgen.mpg.de>:
> Hi there..
>
> we are also using a self-maintained LFS based gnu/linux here.
>
> we switched to systemd in Nov 2010 and it worked fine from the start..
>
> since we started a new LFS we decided not to integrate any support for
> sysv anymore by compiling systemd with
>
>        --with-distro=other
>        --with-sysvinit-path=""
>        --with-sysvrcd-path=""
>        --with-rootdir=""
>
> from the first day..
>
> it may be a good idea not to include any sysv initscripts anymore in LFS
> to really get a clean system..

Good to know it works for you. I had simular options like you.

I get my system booting, but it hangs after

Started recreate volatile files and directories

after a minute or so i get messages about being timed out:

systemd[1]: Job getty at tty2.service/start failed with result 'dependency'
and some more about swap

I've looked buy going into chroot again the various files in
tmpfiles.d, and they do nothing spectacular, creating files, removing
old ones...

But about your suggestion, I guess it's the best not to exclude
things, but give users a choice, with good comments about the
differences and consequences. So offer them both (or more....) in the
LFS (or Clfs) book.

If I'm ready with this, I will write the guide for LFS/CLFS.

Stef