[systemd-devel] 4 failing tests

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Fri Nov 30 04:37:24 PST 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbyszek at in.waw.pl> wrote:

> It'll be created by systemd during init if not present. So we _do_ a
> kind of around. I haven't looked at the details of the patch, but
> I think that it would be nice to support testing before the first run
> with systemd: the tests should support missing /etc/machine-id.

Don't know if it matters that much. Failing the test with a proper
error message sounds reasonable good enough to me.

The code should surely not get active during normal operation or any
service startup/restart, and magically try to fix the system in a way
we can't know what the right fix should be.

Kay