[systemd-devel] UTS namespace

Luca Giuzzi luca.giuzzi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 04:34:24 PDT 2013

Dear List,
 I need to run some services in a private uts namespace, even if they
do not require full isolation.
 I have seen that "PrivateNetwork" is available (per systemd.exec),
but it not what I want; likewise systemd-nspawn is not what I am
looking for.
 I can do some "tricks" with scripts, but I am actually looking for a
"clean" way to instantiate and attach to a uts namespace (a
"PrivateUTS" keyword or the like)
 Even a cursory look at the source did not suggest this to be implemented.
 Is there something I am missing?
 Otherwise, is this sort of functionality being planned at all?

With best regards,
 luca giuzzi